کتاب میکروبیولوژی مولکولی: اصول تشخیصی و تمرین
The third edition of Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice presents the latest molecular diagnostic techniques to support clinical care and basic and clinical research. The authors-all experienced researchers and diagnosticians-have conducted a comprehensive review and evaluation of this rapidly evolving field and written a book that offers a broad range of practical guidance and techniques. This text not only encapsulates the current state of the science, but also points to new avenues for research that will broaden the application and usefulness of molecular diagnostics.
Presenting the latest molecular diagnostic techniques in one comprehensive volume
The molecular diagnostics landscape has changed dramatically since the last edition of Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice in 2011. With the spread of molecular testing and the development of new technologies and their opportunities, laboratory professionals and physicians more than ever need a resource to help them navigate this rapidly evolving field.
Editors David Persing and Fred Tenover have brought together a team of experienced researchers and diagnosticians to update this third edition comprehensively, to present the latest developments in molecular diagnostics in the support of clinical care and of basic and clinical research, including next-generation sequencing and whole-genome analysis. These updates are provided in an easy-to-read format and supported by a broad range of practical advice, such as determining the appropriate type and quantity of a specimen, releasing and concentrating the targets, and eliminating inhibitors.
Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice
* Presents the latest basic scientific theory underlying molecular diagnostics
* Offers tested and proven applications of molecular diagnostics for the diagnosis of infectious diseases, including point-of-care testing
* Illustrates and summarizes key concepts and techniques with detailed figures and tables
* Discusses emerging technologies, including the use of molecular typing methods for real-time tracking of infectious outbreaks and antibiotic resistance
* Advises on the latest quality control and quality assurance measures
* Explores the increasing opportunities and capabilities of information technology
Molecular Microbiology: Diagnostic Principles and Practice is a textbook for molecular diagnostics courses that can also be used by anyone involved with diagnostic test selection and interpretation. It is also a useful reference for laboratories and as a continuing education resource for physicians.
- Format Hardback | 835 pages
- Dimensions 216 x 279 x 33.02mm | 1,914g
- Publication date 09 Jun 2016
- Publisher American Society for Microbiology
- Publication City/Country Washington DC, United States
- Language English
- Edition New edition
- Edition statement 3rd New edition
- ISBN10 1555819087
- ISBN13 9781555819088
- Bestsellers rank 1,547,058